PASTA CON RICOTTA E PISELLI

Yesterday I found this recipe and I just realized that in my fridge I had both ricotta and peas so I wanted to try it.

I have probably mentioned already that I consume most of my lunches alone (how sad) in my office (how boring) munching on ready meals or chocolate at my very best. 

Lately I’ve been trying to decrease the processed part of my diet and cooking more from scratch. I started at home first (the little man still rumbles wordless about the lack of cookies, as mine are not up to the industrial ones yet, and the big man just tries to find anything interesting in our cupboards while reminiscing about the golden times when I was pregnant and I used to buy crisps at all times).

Now back to my desk, before starting again to work, let me tell you that for the above recipe one essential ingredient was missing today: bacon! 

Although I am very picky about bacon in my pasta (I just like the Roman way to have it thinly sliced and fried until very crisp and ladled on top of pasta so that it does not get soggy), let’s face it: bacon was intensely missed at my first sample of the sauce.

So my attempt to have a balanced diet has been postponed and I have dramatically increased the cheese ratio.

What you need for one person:
3 ounces pasta (I used mezze penne rigate) to be cooked according package directions (reserving 2 tbsp of cooking liquid)
1 tbsp olive oil
A pinch of cayenne and black pepper each
1/3 cup peas or more to taste (I had 2/3)
½ tsp salt
1 fresh tomato
2 tbsp soft ricotta cheese
1 tbsp cream cheese
2 ounces sharp grated cheese (I used our montasio mezzavia)

How to do it:

While pasta is cooking, take out a non stick frying pan. Pour the oil and the spices and let them sizzle a few seconds.

Add the peas and salt, stir briefly, cover and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the peas are tender.

Add the chopped tomato. Stir fry them on high heat. Add all the cheeses, mix and simmer for a couple of minutes until melted.

Drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking liquid. 

Pour it in the frying pan, turn the heating on high and stir fry the pasta for a couple of minutes until it is well coated with the sauce and it begins barely to boil.


Adjust salt, add a sprinkle of freshly grated black pepper and a drizzle of good olive oil and buon appetito.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone

Venezia: Museo di Storia Naturale