COCONUT RAISIN QUICK BREAD

I have just enjoyed a lovely bowl of pasta with tomato sauce. Simple things can make your day, especially if the tomato sauce is made out of vine ripened red jewels: an ode to nature and to my own very pleased taste buds.

Today though I am sharing one recipe I use every once in a while to get a sweet and satisfying quick bread.

I found the recipe in Susan J. Cheney's Breadtime, that I bought in a market for very cheap and I am glad I own. 

The recipes often calls for healthy alternative I do not have in my fridge (soy milk, just to name one or unfriendly tofu) but I usually substitute what is available and it is just fine.

What I like in this book, is that the recipes for quick breads and muffins (I am not much into making my own bread, unless it is dealt with by my bread machine) are not loaded of sugars and fat and can be a healthy alternative to store bought items.

What you need:
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ cups quick cooking oats (recipe calls for wheat bran)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda (recipe calls for baking soda only, but the taste is too strong)
1 pinch of salt
¾ cup raisins
¾ cup coconut milk
¾ cup milk curdled with the juice of one lemon
(recipe calls for 1 ½ cup soy milk)
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp honey
2 eggs
Optional:
1 tbsp limoncello
1/3 cup coconut flakes

How to do it:

Line a cake tin with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180° C.

Mix dry ingredients.

Beat oil and honey. Add eggs and beat some more. Add milks and limoncello. Mix in dry ingredients, raisins and coconut.

Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted is dry.


I had two slices for breakfast and they were so filling that I did not even have any cornetto with my mid morning espresso.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone

Venezia: Museo di Storia Naturale