ecco che torna di nuovo la galletta

I am very pleased to announce that  my beloved one has just passed an exam (Italian something, I have already forgot) and it is relieving to have it over.

I cannot believe how fast the memories of all the past dreaded exams could resurface, as if the feelings of anxiety and unpreparedness recur abruptly to remind you of fallibility and the unquestionable unfairness of it all. I have been lucky most of my life during my studies, yet I am always considering that tests can be very close to gamble: you browse through a lot of pages and if by chance you happen to remember the right ones, the outcome can be significantly better. Obviously I am talking about normal people here; scholars constantly striving for excellence probably never experience this feeling.

I am so bored by my ranting that I will jot down the few kitchen notes of the last days.

Monday I wanted to have a salad, but no leaf greens were to be found in my sad and empty fridge. So I took what was available: a fennel bulb, thinly sliced, one orange, peeled and sliced, a handful of strawberries, divided in half, a few leaves of basil, one avocado in cubes (it actually dissolved into sauce while tossing the salad) and four tomatoes, sliced in ¼ inch rounds. I added the juice of one lemon, a few drops of balsamic vinegar and good olive oil and amazingly enough, it tasted nicely.

Yesterday, given that I found some ruby red ripe tomatoes on sale in my favorite organic store, I remembered the galetteI have baked a few months ago.


This time I gave it a provencal twist: moutarde de Dijon instead of the olives pate, a few basil leaves in place of the capers and some asiago (not so provencal, but I only had that) on top. I also substituted whole wheat flour for the white flour. The idea came from this  recipe from Monica.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel