PASTA CON GLI ASPARAGI E IL PROSCIUTTO

Oh dear, my desk looks like it has just suffered an explosion. A client is coming in soon and I just do not know where to start. I don’t know if you ever get this feeling or it is just the horribly disorganized me piling up endless to do lists instead of actually getting things done.

Today I am even trying not to drink coffee! Now I am on the verge of giving up and putting my moka to work. Either that or I will have to take an instant nap.

So I am sharing today this delicious pasta I have made recently at home. I had some prosciutto sitting there (prosciutto cotto) and a couple of bunches of asparagi that were screaming to get inside the pan.

I normally do not use much meat in my meals, but actually it was palatable enough to keep it in my mind for future escapades in the animal reign.

What you need:

One spring onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
some ham, about 1 ounce per person, cut into ½ inch square or in thin stripes
few drops of Worcestershire sauce
a bunch of asparagus, peeled on the bottom, cut into half inch chunks, spears on the side
2 tbps olive oil
grated cheese, such as parmigiano, to taste
cooked pasta
salt to taste
olive oil
black pepper


How to do it:

Sauté briefly the onion with a pinch of salt in the olive oil until translucent. Spring onion cooks faster than regular onion.

Add the ham, sauté briefly and add some drops of Worcestershire sauce, let then evaporate.

Now take onions and ham out of the pan.

In the same pan stir-fry the asparagus bits (stem only at this time) with a little salt and olive oil. Keep cooking on medium heat for a few minutes, when the bits start to look cooked (stick a fork inside, it should pierce through but with a little resistance), add the spears, stir-fry until warmed up.

Now add the prosciutto, warm everything up, pour in the cooked pasta, sauté a little until your meal starts singing a beautiful opera song or it actually starts to bubble up.


Turn the heat off, add some cheese, usual drizzle of olive oil and a little freshly ground black pepper and enjoy.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel