Coconut curry fish

During the last month I have purchased too many cookbooks. I guess my attempts at shopping less are not very successful yet, despite my good proposals.


Among my last finds, there is this little gem from Beena and Padmavathi Parradin.

I found the name of Beena while reading  My Paris Kitchen  by David Lebovitz. There is a recipe for a French friendly naan with the cheese la vache qui rit that I may try tonight, if I manage.

So yesterday it was this fish curry and I am so in love with it!

What you need:
3 tbsp oil
4 fish fillet (she suggests salmon, I had some cod)
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
1 tomato, quartered
1 inch fresh ginger, minced
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves (I had none, so I used a pinch of allspice)
1 piece cinnamon, ground
1 fresh chili pepper, sliced (she calls for half a green one)
1 tsp salt or to taste (I can’t remember exactly…so take it easy)
½ tsp black pepper
Cooked basmati rice to serve

How to do it:

On a not stick pan coated with a tbsp of oil cook the fish for a couple of minutes on each side. Set aside and cover with 100 ml coconut milk.

On the same pan, pour the other 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp onion, a pinch of salt and stir-fry until done and barely browned.

Pour the rest of the coconut milk and all the other ingredients in a pot and let simmer on medium heat for ten minutes.

Add the coconutty fish and cook for other 5 minutes or until done.

Add the sautéed onion, adjust for seasoning and enjoy.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel