Patate al forno alla moda greca

As I was telling you I did purchase too many cookbooks, among which the latest Moosewood cookbook. I am such a boring person: when I fall in love with an author I tend to buy and read all her books. Thus I definitely did not need this one either, but I have found a lovely recipe for greek lemony potatoes. You can actually stumble on a thousand such recipes on pinterest and my favorite is this one from Foodaki.

What you need:

Many potatoes, cubed. You can peel (or not) your potatoes. I decided to keep the peel on.
Juice and zest of one lemon
Little water, about ½ cup to 1 cup, depending on how many potatoes you are using
Little oil
Little oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1 or two garlic cloves (I used powder garlic)

How to do it

Mix everything and toss in the oven. Bake (200°C) for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every once in a while, until roasted to desired color. The water shall completely evaporate while cooking and leave only the infused oil on the bottom.

Definitely lovely. We gobbled down too many potatoes.


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone

Venezia: Museo di Storia Naturale