Poffabro e i biscotti dei cowboy

Today I am sharing a few pictures of Poffabro (PN), Italy. Every first Sunday of September there is a special happening called “Paesi Aperti” /Open Villages.


I tasted polenta with “morca”. In Italian “morchia” means sludge, so not exactly a fascinating title for a sauce. I have found this recipe, whereby it is prepared making brown butter with some polenta cornmeal. In Poffabro they explained that is made by simmering the creamiest part of butter for a few hours until it gets a sweet and nutty flavor. You basically ladle morca on top of polenta, scatter some cheese and enjoy.






There were other local foods, like big fat croutons covered with lard, polpette (meatballs), frico (I was rumbling about it here, scroll down to the middle to find my thoughts on our beloved cheese meal. Any idea how to link within a page? Thank you).





cowboy cookies (I have found it in one of my newest cookbooks from Moosewood Restaurant)

What you need:
2 cups all purpose flour (I used einkorn)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup butter (I reduced it to 1/3 and added 1/3 cup ricotta)
½ cup brown and white sugar, each (I reduced it to 2/3 cup)
2 eggs
2 cups steel cut oats
2 cups chocolate chips (I used 50 g)
Optional:
Raisins, cranberries, walnuts…

How to do it:

Sift dry ingredients. 
Cream butter and sugar. 
Add eggs and beat well. 

Add dry ingredients, oats, chocolate and optional ingredients, if using.

Bake at 180 C degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.

They are very sweet. The day after they turned also very soft (but I used ricotta).
Have a nice week!


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone

Venezia: Museo di Storia Naturale