QUICK, I'M HUNGRY!

This is actually not even a recipe, it’s just a note to myself in the future because my short and long term memory are lost somewhere in the outer space when I get home starving and I face two ravenous and hollering men on the front door. 

So it is often easier to open a bag of something and gulp down snacks that not only make my waist look like a lifebelt but are not nutritious and full of fats-salt-stuff I don’t even want to mention and are even expensive on top of that.

So this is it, the ultimate non recipe:

For one hungry human being

1 flat bread (1)
1 slice of prosciutto cotto/cooked ham (2) 
1 slice of cheese (3)
A little grated cheese, up to ¼ cup (optional)
1 tomato, thinly sliced
Salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil


Now you open the flat bread package and lay one on a baking pan. 
Put prosciutto and cheese. Fold. Put other cheese on top, if using. 
Lay nicely the tomato slices on top. 
Add a pinch of salt and a pinch o freshly grated black pepper and drizzle of olive oil. 

Bake until golden and bubbly. I used the grill and the microwave on the lowest setting to speed the process and it took less than 5 minutes, how cool is that. 

I know, such a complicated and fancy recipe, did I really need to write it down?

Buon appetito

NOTE:
(1)  I used store bought piadina
(2) or any cold cuts of your liking, vegan substitute, or nothing at all if you do not want/have it. No prosciutto crudo, please. It is raw/crudo and it should stay this way. If you want to use it, add it after cooking time on top.
(3)  or two, if you do not have any meat or suitable substitution for any reason in your fridge. You are telling me you do not eat meat and you do not eat cheese. Well, what about a nice bean paste? Like hummus or some veggie patties with a little sauce on top?

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel