Catch up chicken

Yesterday I baked some chicken according to a recipe found in Balaboosta
Einat Admony is a very fascinating woman and her cookbook – memoir is a happy addition to my collection. 

The recipe turned out just ok, because I made a bit of a mess with the proportions, I had very little chicken compared to what was called for in the recipe and I ended up with too much sauce.

What you need:
3 pounds chicken, in pieces (I had three scant slices of chicken breast)
1 cup ketchup (I used up about a third)
½ cup apple juice
2 tsp cumin (I halved it)
1 tsp sweet paprika (I used hot paprika)
A pinch of salt (not too much, ketchup actually has salt inside or so it seems)
1 onion cut in big chunks
2 tomatoes cut in big chunks
1 yam (this is my addition), cut into chunks and dressed with a drizzle of little olive oil

How to do it:

Mix everything, but the yam.

Put the yam on the bottom of a baking pan (I used my new cast iron skillet). 

Arrange nicely on top chicken pieces and sauce.

Cover and bake for 45/60 minutes at 180°.


Buon appetito!

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel