I have not been cooking much lately

I don’t know about you, but I have a sort of bipolar attitude when it comes to cooking. Sometimes it seems like the only thing I do at home is standing in front of the stove preparing lots of nice (and not so nice) meals, while other times I kind of survive through very basics preparations. Lately I have been on the survival mode.

I did bake a mean lasagna,  layered with radicchio and gorgonzola on the lower deck, and with squash, fresh chili pepper and mozzarella di bufala on the upper deck. I actually did not want to be fancy at all, I was just using up the odd bits and ends sitting in the fridge and quite surprisingly it was fairly good.

I also tried this recipe for sort of mini apple and peanut butter pies and it was delicious. When you have a bun, an apple and some peanut butter, and you are craving for something sweet, give it a try. I just smeared peanut butter to my usual liking (ahem, it means perhaps a little more than due), hid it under a couple of thin slices of apple, sprinkled on top a little sugar and a pinch of cinnamon and broiled a few minutes under the grill. Yummy.


Otherwise, that’s it, perhaps next month I will fare better.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel