quinoa e miglio al salto

Finally I found a way to cook quinoa that I will repeat. Not that it is a masterpiece, but I guess it is edible enough for everyday purposes:

For two persons:

1/2 cup quinoa
1/2 cup millet
2 cups water
2 tsp spices (I used berbere, black and green pepper)
1 cup of cooked greens (spinach in this case)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I had pistachios)
1/2 cup raisins
Salt to taste
A drizzle of good olive oil

Briefly toast the cereals in a non stick pan.

Add water (it will splutter) and the spices. Let it boil until the grains absorb all the water.

Add the greens, nuts and raisins and let it sizzle a couple of minutes.

Adjust salt and drizzle in a little fruity olive oil.

Buon appetito

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone

Venezia: Museo di Storia Naturale