Monkey pancakes

After I tasted the popular ice cream,  I cannot think about a better match for ripe bananas other than walnuts and dark chocolate. It can only improve with some coffee, I guess.

The recipe is adapted from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home

Sift together:
1 ¼  cup cornflour
½ cup all purpose flour
Pinch of salt

Whisk:
½ cup coffee
¾ cup milk
2 eggs beaten
2 tbsp oil

Mix together. Let sit for 20 minutes.

Add:
2 mashed bananas (overripe ones are welcome)
1 ounce dark chocolate, cut into chunks
5 walnuts, shelled and broken into chunks
½ tsp baking powder

Heat a skillet. Melt a little coconut fat. Cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes per side or until done.
Repeat about 12 times.

These pancakes are filling and nutritious. I dare you to eat more than two pieces.

Serve with honey or syrup, if you have an extra sweet tooth.

They taste at their best as soon as they’re done.

Disclaimer: all rights belong to their respective owners. I put links to books and stuff I use, like and regularly buy. I hope nobody minds, but just in case let me know.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel