Parmigiana bianca di zucchine

I found the lovely recipe on incucinaconmara.

It is a great way to use up the huge loads of zucchini that grow during summertime.

Take some zucchini. Slice them and dust them with a little flour. 

Grate some cheese. 

I also added one cipolla di tropea sliced and dressed with a scant pinch of salt and some olive oil. 

Layer in a baking pan the floured zucchini, some onion, some cheese. Repeat until everything is used up, ending with cheese, a sprinkle of bread crumbs and a drizzle of olive oil. 

Bake at 200°C for about 30-40 minutes, until golden. Check zucchini for doneness to taste.

2015/07/13: In my second attempt, I skipped the flour and simply scattered some bread crumbs here and there. I also added some layers of sliced potatoes to absorb the water from the zucchini. Still delicious, only downside of the potatoes is that the casserole tasted best the day it was made only.

I feel like I should add some fresh herbs or some anchovies and capers next time. I will keep you posted.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone

Venezia: Museo di Storia Naturale