the oldies are back

Yesterday I baked a ciambella with my fornetto versilia.

This pot was handed me down from my mother and I totally appreciate it during the scorching summer heat (or scorching late spring heat, in this case), when I can bake on the stove, without the heat of the traditional oven.

I used my recipe, which is written in Italian, but anyway you cannot replicate it unless you have a fornetto versilia, a donut flame tamer and a gas stove (and obviously any desire to try it).

Also I baked zucchini ripieni


This time it was a necessity, as my mother forgot to pick up two zucchini which turned so big they almost resembled a space rocket. 

So I prepared a filling of sautéed onions, a white zucchini thinly sliced, the inner part of the giant zucchini giant boats, two cans of beans (lamon and chickpeas) a pinch of chili pepper (or two or three…), a big can of unsustainably caught cheap tuna (sorry, my friend tuna, I do love you though), [all this stuff was cooked in the pan until the zucchini are done before transitioning into the container], a bunch of chopped chives and some breadcrumbs to dry it up a little. I grilled the vessels before filling them and let them bake covered with another thinly sliced zucchini (did I mention there are plenty of zucchini in my mother’s garden? You may have wondered…) a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. 

I am slowly progressing towards better stuffed vegetables, but there is still a long way ahead.


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Struggles and strudel