All-edges brownie cookies from Sugar & Spice

Hello dearest reader,

I have been out and about trying to fix a few issues at work and guess what: there are still many more to be fixed but I will just drop by to jot down another success story, as I believe so can be called cookies that I consider to bake again in the future.

You know already that I am so strongly trying to curb my propensity to purchase cookbooks as I definitely own way too many. Lately I was blabbering about it here and while I give credit to myself for resisting the urge to purchase cookbooks for the whole (oh well, almost) summer, I did fall in the pit again last month ending albeit later (two days ago in October). So now I have set a new unforgiving rule: I must cook at least 3 recipes from 3 cookbooks (each), before I purchase another one (only ONE). I will keep you updated about the strengths (ahem, weaknesses) of my poor self.

After this long and useless prologue (I do have to go back to work, that may explain why I am so wordy in order to avoid it)(stop it!)(ok), let me tell you how happy I am to own Sugar & Spice by Samantha Seneviratne. You can test some of her recipes on her blog Love comma Cake  and also here on FN blog 
As I am old fashioned and cookbooks aficionada I went for the paper thing.

Yesterday I have tried this recipe which turned out lovely (barely adapted):

Sift
1 ¼ cup flour
¼ cup cocoa
1 t. cinnamon (in the original: 2 1/2 )
¼ t. baking soda
Pinch of salt

Add
½ cup chopped chocolate and pecan nuts each. 
Set aside.

Cream
125 g butter
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs

Form a dough. Divide in 24 balls. Spread on two baking trays. Bake 12/15 minutes at 180° C.

Notes:
1. I have decreased the cinnamon. I love the hint, but next time I will reduce it to ¾ t.
2. I have added all dry ingredients at once, because I am that lazy, but you can form a dough and add the rest afterwards as the author advises.
3. You’re supposed to chill the dough at least 30 minutes before baking. Just sayin’…
4. You’re also supposed to let the cookies cool down before gobbling them down. Just sayin’…
5. book measurements are either in cups or ounces.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone

Venezia: Museo di Storia Naturale