Sarmede and some blabber on kale

Hello dearest reader,

I hope you are enjoying a few restful minutes of break under a loving sun. If you’re horribly stressed out and surrounded by scorching rain, no worries, I so totally relate and we can always hope for a better future in the next few hours/days/months/years or never ever actually.

If you have never been to Sarmede (TV) I so recommend it. It is a tiny village hidden among the hills where they had this brilliant idea of pursuing the arts. 

As soon as you arrive at the town square and enter the threshold of the exhibition area you feel catapulted in a different dimension. Obviously it a tiny place, but so interspersed by light and childish imagination.

The current exhibition has talented Giulia Orecchia as guest of honour and her illustrations are so vivid and mesmerizing that I am thrilled anytime I take a glimpse of them.

Manyactivities are organized year round to suit all kind of people that enjoy the arts, from theatre to laboratories, readings, you name it. 

My son laughed out loud listening to the story of Pierino Pierone, despite being quite dreadful as only ancient fairy tales can be. 


On a different note, we must address a few words on kale, well known worldwide as a superhero food. As you know here in the countryside novelties arrive about a century afterwards, so I had the chance to purchase deep purple kale and sunny yellow kale – the only species available – at the grocery store only recently. 

Needless to say, their bright beings enlivened my fridge with their bossy sizes. I don’t know about other worldly kale, but certainly average Italian fridges are not designed to welcome such a tall vegetable. 

Meanwhile I browsed my infinite cookbook collection with such anticipation: finally I could actually use kale! Silly I decided to try a super healthy recipe that seriously bored me to death; I am surprised I am still here to tell this story. 

So it turns out that this fabulous yellow green majestic thing actually tastes roughly like cabbage. I just hate cabbage. I know, I am supposed to be the friend of all things veggies, but cabbage, no, I am sorry. I respect you, but please stay away. The purple big sister landed directly on a pasta sauce, intermingled with some bitter radicchio and I have to say that so hidden, I favored it more. 

Have a nice day!


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Letture ed una torta al limone